Teaching Children Effectively
Are you serious about reaching children? Then you need serious training.
About the Course
Teaching Children Effectively (TCE™) Level 1 is designed to offer a fresh approach to evangelizing and teaching children. Based on spiritual and educational principles, the course provides the methods and procedures to lead children to Christ and immediately equips the believer to begin and sustain a ministry where he lives. Student practicums are a vital part of the instructional procedure which makes TCE a refreshing way to train Christians in child evangelism.
To provide each student with:
- Increased knowledge about the spiritual needs of children
- Effective methods of evangelism
- Basic skills for organizing and conducting productive children’s Bible classes
- Practical ideas which make learning enjoyable for boys and girl
- The Child in the New Testament
- The Importance of Conversion
- How to Lead a Child to Christ
- Encouraging the Newly Converted Child
- Bible Lesson Preparation and Presentation
- The Invitation
- Counseling the Child for Salvation
- The Neighborhood Outreach
- The Importance of the Teacher Discipline
- Visual Communication in Teaching
- Scripture Memorization
- Teaching with Music
- Teaching Children to Pray
- PLUS! Participation in five children’s classes applying the knowledge gained in the course.
To enroll in TCE Level 1 you must be:
- A born-again Christian
- At least 15 years of age
- Willing to participate in all class activities including practicum sessions
Please contact our office to find out when we will be offering the next TCE-Level 1 class.
Wordless Book Training Video
Demonstrations of the Bible lessons and songs are provided to help you as you prepare to teach. These demonstrations have been created for you as a study tool. Keep in mind that they are not designed to substitute for a lesson in an actual club or another teaching time with children. As you watch these demonstrations to help you prepare to teach, you will see the elements that should be included in your lesson as well as interactive ideas to help keep the children engaged.
CEF also offers training through their Children’s Ministry Institute, which exists to promote the evangelization and discipleship of children around the world by training workers to effectively teach children.